When you are at school or college and are studying for a bright future, you may think that the true success lies in spending all your time adding to your academic knowledge, however, the truth is quite different. It is very often seen that those who shine bright in academics are usually the one who are also seen on the stage at cultural functions. There are a number of reasons why it is important to take part in extra-curricular activities and participate in events at the education institute.
- It makes you widen your horizons by interacting with students from other classes and levels. It also helps you get in touch with teachers and learn about things that you may not learn in the class.
- It gives a great boost to your confidence, making sure that you will be able to face a situation outside your comfort zone if you have to. The confidence it gives you also helps you perform better in the class.
- It gives you recognition and helps you in making a name for yourself. When you go for your first job interview, it always helps if you have a number of winning or participation certificates from school and college, in your portfolio.
- It keeps your mind and body active and helps you break out from a mould. When you take up diverse activities, you are able to have a wider thought process, leading to more innovative and fruitful ideas at an early stage in life.
- You may be able to create better connections in the outside world and it is a fact that connections always come in handy when you need a jump start in career and life. You may also create valuable friendships for life just by meeting new people.
A small initiative in the direction of activities other than studies adds a lot of value to the life and helps in achieving great heights at a later stage.